Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Over the fence

Here are just a few funny things my children have said recently:

After a field trip to the local fire station with his preschool, Josh told us, "Mom and Dad, you need to build a fire pole in our house!"

After I told Mary that the owee in her mouth was a canker sore, she said, "Guess what Josh, I have a kangaroo sore."

At the dinner table Elizabeth shared what she had learned in school about the Titanic sinking. She said it happened almost 100 years ago. Emilie chimed in, "That was when Mom was a little girl!"

Last Saturday morning, Josh woke up, came and climbed in bed with me, and began chatting: "Mom, Porter (the 5 year old son of my daycare/preschool provider) said his dad sleeps at night with no clothes on. He sleeps naked. I told Porter my dad sleeps in garments."

(I thought that last one was an interesting swap of information.)

Today, Mary told our daycare/preschool provider, "Mom likes me to always be cute for school. It's a lot of work!"

3 comments:

  1. I love little kids and what comes out of their mouths. One of the kids from church asked me the other day if I'd seen anything 'suspicious' lately.

    His mom wanted to know what the heck he was talking about and it finally come out that he's convinced the neighbor kid is plotting against him and wanted to know if the boy had tried to enlist me into his plotting.

    I assured him I had heard nothing of the sort. He didn't seem very convinced. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last one. The image of an exasperated Mary being forced to primp for hours on end because of her mother's pride is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember asking Mom once if she'd been alive when Jesus was. I was very offended when she started laughing. :D

    ReplyDelete